background

Thursday, September 8, 2011

School's in

Actually, school started several weeks ago for us so these guys are pros by now.
Emma's a big second-grader and pretty confident. Emma's a good student. She worked hard last year and was almost disappointed to see how quick and easy her homework was/is (compared to the four pages a night from her advanced class in Vegas). She quickly latched onto a nice friend from last year (from her 5 weeks in TX). I don't worry about this sweet girl.



Weston's a crazy kindergartner now. Never know what we're gonna get when he comes home. Sometimes he comes home with his scalp covered in black dirt or a big hole in his shirt because "some kid" (that he didn't see) cut a hole in it. Or he's got a ice pack on a big red bump on his head from running into a bookshelf (actually, he was a victim here) or a lunchbag still full of food. And I have never seen such filthy clothes! Sometimes I wonder if the boy just rolls in compost that still has uncomposed food in it. And knowing Weston, that's not a long-shot. Boys.... I don't care what people say, it is nature, they just are what they are. And Emma was beside herself trying to pry information from the kid the first couple days. I had to hold snacks hostage until he'd tell me some stuff about school (one grape for every tidbit). Apparently he has the Vegas mentality, what happens at school stays at school. Yeah, except you're bringing half of the school home on your clothes every day. Oh well, just keep the cheeks clean because I still think you're my snuggly lil boy.

And Andrew had to jump in front of the camera and grab some attention. As we visited the classrooms for Open House he kept asking where his class was and which one was his desk. He kept leaving me while I filled out paperwork to wander down the hall and find his room. He loves the idea of school and was thrilled when Emma's teacher handed him a book and Weston's teacher let him play with the math manipulatives. I don't know that I can hold him off for two more years. He doesn't mind having mommy all to himself though and is a happy little errand-runner.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment