background

Monday, September 12, 2011

A Special Day for a Special Girl

It's Great to be 8!
Emma turned 8 and got baptized over Labor day weekend. She's been excited and preparing for this big event. Our bishop extended a challenge at the beginning of the summer to read the Book of Mormon by September 2. I thought that was neat, because that was the day Emma turned 8. Emma had already started reading but accepted the challenge and picked up speed and even finished a couple weeks early. What a great way to prepare to be baptized! She amazes me! Nana decided the little dear deserved special scriptures and bought her a nice little quad with her name engraved.
We were so blessed to have so much family to celebrate Emma's special day! We are so very spoiled. Look at that nice-looking group of Steeds. So glad you guys could make it!

And of course Texas has become a popular stomping grounds for Cannon-folk. Thanks goes out to the Liddiards for hosting my parents along with their own. But for anyone ever wanting to visit, I have found we can hold quite a few here and give beds to most.

Can you just tell how special this moment was for Andrew?
He's thinking "I'd rather be rubbing Angie's belly"

Love this sweetheart! She makes me want to be a better mom. Congratulations Emma, we are well pleased!
I hope she doesn't mind me sharing but I thought this was cute. She was filling out pages in her baptism book and this is what she wrote for "My thoughts on my special Baptism day..." (and keep in mind that she is very literal, so she really wrote down the thoughts that went through her head that day): "The water is warm. I have to do what's right now. I wonder what will happen next. Maybe they will give me the Holy Ghost. I can't believe that Nana is crying with happiness. This is a special day."
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Emma is so precious! We miss her and all of you! (and yep, you made me jealous that you got blue bell icecream and pregnant shots of angie!) ;). Let's plan to do jumping pictures and eat lots of icecream and oranges when you guys are here in December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful girl! I love that Emma - congratulations. How great that all the grandparents and cousins could make it. What a special day. I love the last picture. . . and Emma's journal entry. precious.

    ReplyDelete