background

Friday, June 1, 2012

Weston week

Jamie took the boys to the ward's Father and Sons campout. They had fun with their buddies but Weston touched a lantern and got some bad burns on his fingers. Our kind bishop talked Star Wars wih him to distract him while they treated the burn and a couple days later stopped by our house with a Star Wars cartoon for him. He would tell you it was all worth it.

Weston and Jamie spent hours putting this complicated marble set together that runs all on its own and has been quite the popular item.  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

Weston "graduated" Kindergarten. They make quite a big deal out of it here with gowns and procession and a gym full of parents tripping over each other trying to get pictures. Girls had there hair curled with their best dresses, heels and pearls. Then they have a reception in the classrooms afterwards and parents sign their kids out for the rest of the day to continue celebrating the rest of the day. Maybe I'm a lame parent, but I just don't get it. But I didn't even go to my own college graduation, so obviously I'm not all into showy processions. And it seems Weston has caught my enthusiasm. The boy looked unimpressed and downright bored throughout the ceremony.

He did turn around and smile when he saw me sitting on the front row. I may be a lame parent but I'm at least present and bring a camera.

Weston with his teacher Mrs Duhon and Ms Clay, the permanent sub he had for four months. They had to tickle him to get him to smile here. Overall it's been a good year. Weston has really grown and is doing well in school. Good job buddy, you made it!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment