background

Friday, September 21, 2012

Birthday, Ender style

Ever since Emma's birthday, Andrew's been telling me he wants doughnuts for his birthday. Come to find out the 19th was Pirate Day at Krispy Kreme and if you dress like a pirate you get a free dozen doughnuts. Arr, this here boy be 5 today! He liked watching how the doughnuts were made.

Then he had his other favorite food for lunch, sausages. He's nuts about sausages and terribly cute the way he says it. Then true to nutty Ender form, he wanted to watch Bill Nye the Science Guy. He loves that guy, especially when he talks about naked mole rats.
We headed down to Sonic for dinner with Nate, Angie and Maisy and went back to the house for cake and ice cream. Last year for his birthday Andrew was talking about a hot dog cake. I dismissed him as strange but when he started talking about his hot dog cake again this year I decided to grant some birthday wishes and made this beauty: 

Tonight (two days later) he said the family prayer and said "thank you for that hot dog cake I had and for those trains I got (from Nate and Angie)." Andrew was very excited to have a birthday and wanted to call his cousin to let him know that he's five now too. He told me he's not a baby anymore, he's a big boy now and when I started to look sad he told me that big boys still snuggle their moms sometimes.
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. How on earth did you make that?! I am very impressed. And I guess I need to learn how since Brian just informed me that he wants a hot dog cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to allrecipes.com and search for hot dog cake and watch the video (2-3 times).

    ReplyDelete