background

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fourth of July

Drove up to Utah for family and the Oakley fourth of July celebration.

On the road again

The Ranch, my absolute favorite place to spend the fourth. We went to the rodeo the night before and took the kids down for the parade the morning of. Salt water taffy, cowboy hats and rodeo queens- all the great American traditions.

The extended Cannon clan meets up at the Cannon Ranch for a one-day family reunion on the 4th so I got the chance to see cousins and their growing families and my aunts and uncles. Aunt Melissa saddled a horse and the kids got to ride. And Jamie rode his first horse. My dad teased him that if he did well with the child saddle, he might give him a man's saddle next time. Jamie's good to tolerate my family's traditions and hobbies. Actually truth be known I can't even the remember the last time I got on a horse. I'd probably have to stick to the corral myself now.

Cute patriotic girls- Brooke and Emma

With as handsome as he is with a cowboy hat, scruff and tough look, you'd think he'd of spent more time in the saddle in his lifetime.

After the rest of the local extended family went home, we took the kids up to the ditch for some tubing.

And Nate enjoyed a quick stop at the rope swing. For some reason Angie wimped out.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment