background

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bats and Pizza...

...not to be confused with bats on pizza, that would be awful.
Nate and Angie (my bro and SIL) were feeling saintly so they volunteered to babysit the kids so we could go out. We decided to go check out the largest urban bat colony as they take their night flight from Congress bridge downtown.
Yikes, look at that neck, I'm a giraffe. That's where I get most my height. And I think Jamie used to have a neck.

Waiting...

Me, the bat bridge and downtown Austin. Like how I'm sporting UT orange? This place is starting to tap my subconscious. See all those people gathering on the bridge? Mass suicide...

And they're off (the bats, sicko!)

Then we crossed the bridge to go eat at a pizza joint. Only turns out the pizza joint wasn't on that side of the bridge. Our first clue was when the street ended. No matter, we got in some good walking and got to see some of downtown. And it was a good thing we got that exercise because that was some serious pizza, seriously good and heavy. Home Slice, very much a college town joint and we were looking old and boring and overly modest, but good New York style pizza.

I like it when Jamie stands next to really big things. It makes him look a bit smaller. He could use that.
Posted by Picasa
p.s. this post was co-written by Jamie and Gina (in other words, Gina wrote the post then boogerboy stole the laptop and made me look mean). But maybe you can make a game of it and see how well you know us by guessing who wrote what parts.

2 comments:

  1. I was gonna say, "Gina I've never heard you take jabs at Jamie before!" Lol it makes so much more sense now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing the bats in Austin makes up for missing the bat season at Carlsbad Caverns. I will have to go down and see this next time we come for a visit. Is there a bat season like at Carlsbad?

    ReplyDelete