background

Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Fun

Oh what do we do in the summertime?
When we moved here Emma had to be home a couple days before starting at her new school. She was getting tired of brothers and the loss of school routine and anxious to jump back in. I started worrying about how summer would be and feeling motivated to raise my game. I'm usually content just being home covering the basic cleaning, shopping and cooking duties but I knew we needed more fun and learning time to keep the fights to a minimum.
So I mentioned a couple posts ago that I had some scrap wood. In the collection I have this long laminate board. Such a useful piece of wood it has proven to be. Makes a great slide and car ramp and marble ramp
This was my saving grace to get the kids out of the way to make dinner one night. Entertained them for an hour.

Also great as a hard backing for extra big coloring pages. Thanks for the fun pages Jeff and Steph, another dinner prep saver.

Emma is a serious artist


Sometimes you just gotta get down in your work.

We also propped the board between two chairs for a great craft table for Emma's preschool. Emma has been filling in her need for school structure and schedule by teaching Andrew preschool. She brings him up to the playroom and has him sing songs and recite the pledge and do crafts. And the amazing part is, he totally obeys her. What a great match they are, she loves to be in charge and he loves to follow. I will miss that girl when she goes back to school and I've giggled as I listened to her teacher mannerisms. Oh my lil mini-me.


More preschool projects

Many complex tracks have been built over the weeks



Lots of reading. Signed up for the summer reading program over at the library and taking advantage of their shows and prizes.


And sometimes we just unhook the brain and veg out in front of a movie. We also like going to the library and $1 movies. One of my favorite things is checking out audio books to listen to in the car together and then going to the movie when we finish the book.

The boys took a swim class together. A little early and cold for Weston's liking. He looks like he's swallowed an entire person except the foot
Andrew spent the first week of class on this step.

But I think they had fun. Emma's taking her turn now and is upset that her mean teacher makes her put her face in the water.



Second week Andrew is happily in the water


I also love taking the kids to play in the splash pads so they can have fun and get wet without me stressing about drowning children
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. the weston swallowing an entire person caption is hilarious! i'm so sad we can't do preschool together. the prices here are astronomical for formal preschool so we're going to do it here at the house. that's the idea anyway. who knows if the boys will comply.

    ReplyDelete