background

Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth

One of my favorite places growing up and now is my Grandma's. I loved going to visit my grandparents, swimming in their pool, eating their fruit off their trees and Grandpa's fruit leather and figs, going through the gate to Diane's for treats and movies, Grandpa's harmonica music, the old piano, family talent shows, games, playing with the cabbage patch dolls and barbies, playing with cousins, eating Grandpa's pancakes and Grandma's blackberry jello, big family gatherings in the rumpus room, the beach and the occasional theme park. Best vacations ever! The place is very sentimental to me and I still love going (although I've given up the dolls but still partake of Diane's treats).

My aunt and uncle came to visit while we were there. My kids have really taken to them. Emma likes Kent's smile and Andrew finds Christine's warm and gentle ways very inviting.

Diane, Grandma and Steeders in the backyard. Mmm, see those oranges? If you've never tried citrus from the Hatch house you're missing out.

And my kids trip is not complete without a visit to the Pirate Park so we had to stop there on our way out.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I loved going there with you! Your grandparents were always so sweet. I remember when your mom took all of us girls from church and we did a BBQ at the beach and she cooked corn in the salt water. SOOOOOO yummy.

    ReplyDelete