background

Sunday, May 22, 2011

That's right, you're not from Texas

Do me a favor, pull up this music video and play the music in the background while you read this post (because I'm not cool enough to know how to include it on the blog). I heard it on the radio today as I drove around lost, laughing at free cowhide with furniture purchase ads and wiping the humidity from my brow.
Emma's getting a Texas education now where pledging to the Texas flag is part of their morning routine. No seriously, I guess that's why Texans are so in love with Texas and the sight of a Texas flag is a religious experience, it's been burned into their mind since grade school. Her first week at school she came home with this acrostic poem:
If it's too hard to read here's the translation:
Terrific
Everyone says it's big
Xelent
Awesome
Spectacular

Some people have been asking for pictures of the house so I finally straightened up some rooms and pulled out the camera. It's still a work in progress though (or at least I'm going with that excuse for now, even though realistically five months from now it will probably look pretty much the same, only messier)

I love our game room! It's got all those cabinets and a big closet for all our toys and games and school stuff. It's upstairs so toys are strictly forbidden downstairs by order of the king. Ask my kids about "the mad bag."

Jamie hates our table, it's kinda old and worn and I've thought about painting it in the past but now it actually matches the color of our cabinets and black seems to make less sense.

I wonder how long I can play the "I just moved in" card. We don't have our bookshelves anymore so our books are still sitting in these boxes in our dining room. Eventually I'd like to find some bookshelves and a comfy chair and make this a reading room (since Jamie's mancave became a playroom). Well, really I'd like to see a piano in here one day, but the books need a place first and bookshelves are cheaper. Too bad this has to be the first thing people see when they come over.

The beanbag has been an item of debate around here. It turns into a pathetic, lopsided disc after a few jumps so it's not an attractive piece of furniture to be displayed (like our melted rug and holy couch haha) so putting it up in the playroom where it would be a great reading seat is an option. But it is the perfect place to plop down for a movie and snuggle and without it this room would look kinda empty. Rolling the beast up and down the stairs for movies isn't a practical option either.

Thanks for the rug Shay!

Thanks for the furniture Mom! Not sure what color I'd do if I paint it.



The owner's before our landlords stopped watering this lawn as the sale was going through so it got pretty crispy. I think it's looking greener now. Our secret?...

We water the lawn and the kids regularly. They both have grown and flourished.



Favorite after-school activity, sprinkler and popsicles. Unless you're Weston then everything's boring and I'll just take the popsicle thank you very much.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Haha Weston's too funny. Your home looks lovely, Gina! I like it! And I'm assuming that's Emma's room... I love the furniture in there and wish it was mine :) I hope you're all doing well, we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an idiot and forgot to add your new blog address to my google reader! I didn't know you've been posting stuff! Man. I love love love the new house! And those are some great pictures (and great commentary..."We water the lawn and the kids regularly. They both have grown and flourished.") You're funny. I'm looking forward to many more posts for the land of Cedar Park and I'm going to try my best to start up our blog again once we get settled in WA. Love you guys! Immensely!

    ReplyDelete