background

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Credits

So, I fell really behind on my posts. My brother came down last week and we were too busy having fun and enjoying our blessings to have time to post any. So instead of doing posts for everyday here's some of the things I remember.
Last week Mom was grateful for:
Children who get along: Sure there's silly spats, tears and drama but there are those moments that are just blissful when they read together, play together, snuggle, and act like the best of friends. I sigh contentedly and grab a camera before the moment ends so I can remember why I do this mother thing.
Good Emma: I wish I could describe more eloquently why I so much appreciate this little angel but she is just good. She tries hard to always do what's right and be a peacemaker. She helps, she is kind and thoughtful, she reads her scriptures and prays and does her homework and gives all the right answers. She is sugar and spice and everything nice. Everyone should get an Emma.

My Sweetheart: I don't care that he's a schoolboy now I still snuggle him, gaze into those puppy dog eyes and grin at his way of talking. And you know what, he likes it and loves his mommy. And if anyone wants to tease him for it they can take it up with me. He's a momma's boy and I don't care who knows it.

A Husband who makes me Laugh: I'm glad we can laugh at each other and ourselves, makes life a lot happier.

P.S. I didn't forget Andrew he had his own day last week

Texas Family: Half of the kids' cousins live just three hours away so we've seen them 4 times in the last six months and you know what, they haven't gotten tired of each other. We were especially blessed this last week because we also had my cousin ("supermom extraordinaire") come in from Houston with her cute family, driving a total of six hours in one day just to spend Thanksgiving with us. It was so good to see them.
Dad:
Nook
Book of Mormon
iPhone: (and "a thoughtful wife" he adds). He was surprised because I've never in our ten years of marriage bought him something fun and expensive, ever. It took everything in me not to wimp out and buy him a razor (which he probably really should have got instead). I'm painfully practical but for once I am the cool wife. Happy Birthday Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment