background

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Give Thanks

I think I finally found the visual I've been looking for for our daily thanks activity. I tried a paper chain and leaves on the wall but I'm liking this year's version.
I pulled out a Mason jar, filled it with acorns we've collected on our walks, gathered some branches from the yard, and prettied it up with stuff I had.
Then I found some foam leaves with sticky backs. Conveniently enough there are five colors so each family member has a color. We write down what we're grateful for that day and stick it on our tree. Low maintenance, cheap, easy, and good decoration. I think this one may stick. And I like the analogy I can use to talk about how empty and sad our tree looked before we started thinking of our blessings. Our tree may 'runneth over."
Our "leaves" today:
Dad: Primary workers- "It's tough and important"
Mom: Primary president- I swear I wrote mine before Jamie told me his. Our primary president was released today. Now there's a woman who magnified her calling. She really had things organized and served with so much love and watchcare. Even though we've been in the ward a relatively short time I got a little teary when they announced it. The new president is a friend I visit teach. Her husband's in the YM presidency and her baby has a serious heart condition so I know this was no easy call to extend but doubtlessly inspired and she will be amazing.
Emma: Rascal- She still talks about my mom's dog all the time and will try to act as happy to see the humans as the dog when we go home for Christmas. Please mom, keep Rascal alive until she can cope.
Weston: Leaves
Andrew: "Ghosteses"- Hopefully Halloween will be out of his mind soon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment