background

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thanktitude

Today we are grateful for:
Dad: A wife that can cook- When we were first married I tried making my mom's famous potato soup to impress my new husband. The recipe was written assuming the "cook" actually knew something about cooking. So I followed it and tossed the butter and flour right into the soup after the potatoes had boiled. You couldn't tell the potatoes from the flour chunks and my dear husband smiled, said it was like dumplings and ate it. I've learned a few things since then that have probably saved both our marriage and our lives.
Mom: My little companion- Andrew and I have lots of bonding time with Emma and Weston off at school all day. He is a good little companion. When we run errands people tell me all the time how well-behaved he is. A friend stole him for a playdate today and the mom suggested I use the chance to go shopping alone. Actually, I enjoy outings with Andrew. I used the time to eat and work on the computer because those are things I feel guilty doing while he's home pleading at my knee for me to read him a book or fix his block tower. I adore my little buddy and I'm glad to have his company. He's a sweet boy and wonderful entertainment.
Emma: Grandma and Grandpa- I try not to talk with Emma about our upcoming (Dec) trip to Vegas because I know she'll stop sleeping at night, her mind racing with excitement.

Weston: School- yup, things are going much better for my boy
Andrew: Chips- He ate a fish taco, enough black beans to get me off his back and then he slid the tortilla chips in front of his plate and went to town. It's always dangerous to have dinners that go with chips because we have the hardest time convincing Andrew that the chips are the side not the main dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment